/groups/resnetnewsinfo/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/resnetnewsinfo/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot9/groups/resnetnewsinfo/sidebar/HotListhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-08-21 18:35:30+00:002014-08-21 18:35:30updated4helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-08-21 17:32:18+00:002014-08-21 17:32:18updated3Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-08-21 17:32:14+00:002014-08-21 17:32:14addTag2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-08-21 17:23:36+00:002014-08-21 17:23:36created1wiki2014-08-21T18:35:30+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/ac91bFalseNintendo Wii requires LAN adapter/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/ac91b/Nintendo_Wii_requires_LAN_adapter.htmlResNet Help Desk4 updatesNintendo Wii requires LAN adapter
The Nintendo Wii uses a specific type of wireless encryption that is not compatible with the ResNet Wireless network. As a result, students who w...Falsehelpdesk2014-08-21T18:35:30+00:00Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-08-12 20:18:32+00:002014-08-12 20:18:32addTag3helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-08-12 20:18:15+00:002014-08-12 20:18:15updated2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-08-12 20:12:33+00:002014-08-12 20:12:33created1wiki2014-08-12T20:18:15+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/7818eFalseAccessing Office 365 email on your phone or tablet/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/7818e/Accessing_Office_365_email_on_your_phone_or_tablet.htmlResNet Help Desk3 updatesAccessing Office 365 email on your phone or tablet
Microsoft provides extensive online instructions for connecting your Office 365 account to your mobile phone or tablet device.
After clicking t...Falsehelpdesk2014-08-12T20:18:15+00:00helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-07-16 12:28:10+00:002014-07-16 12:28:10updated6helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-07-16 12:27:48+00:002014-07-16 12:27:48updated5helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-05-28 14:56:17+00:002014-05-28 14:56:17updated4helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-05-28 14:54:37+00:002014-05-28 14:54:37updated3Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-05-28 14:54:35+00:002014-05-28 14:54:35addTag2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-05-28 14:32:50+00:002014-05-28 14:32:50created1weblog2014-07-16T12:28:10+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/weblog/a9a99FalseWiFi installation complete in Golden Bear Village South/groups/resnetnewsinfo/weblog/a9a99/WiFi_installation_complete_in_Golden_Bear_Village_South.htmlResNet Help Desk6 updatesWiFi installation complete in Golden Bear Village South
In July 2014, crews completed the installation of enterprise-grade WiFi in the Golden Bear Village South apartment complex. As a result, high-speed W...Falsehelpdesk2014-07-16T12:28:10+00:00helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-04-03 19:39:31+00:002014-04-03 19:39:31updated4Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-04-03 19:15:57+00:002014-04-03 19:15:57addTag3helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-04-03 19:15:25+00:002014-04-03 19:15:25updated2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-04-03 19:07:07+00:002014-04-03 19:07:07created1wiki2014-04-03T19:39:31+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/3494fFalseBeing "mal-aware"/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/3494f/Being_malaware.htmlResNet Help Desk4 updatesBeing "mal-aware"
Recently the ResNet help desk has seen an increase in the number of student PCs coming in for general malware removal. Malware is a term used to ...Falsehelpdesk2014-04-03T19:39:31+00:00helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-03-05 17:06:39+00:002014-03-05 17:06:39updated6Added tag - newstudenthelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-02-25 15:28:34+00:002014-02-25 15:28:34addTag5helpdeskResNet Help Desk2013-10-23 17:25:49+00:002013-10-23 17:25:49updated4Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2013-10-18 18:18:55+00:002013-10-18 18:18:55addTag3helpdeskResNet Help Desk2013-10-16 15:58:30+00:002013-10-16 15:58:30updated2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2013-10-16 15:49:09+00:002013-10-16 15:49:09created1wiki2014-03-05T17:06:39+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/29808FalseNetwork Access Control (NAC)/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/29808/Network_Access_Control_NAC.htmlResNet Help Desk6 updatesNetwork Access Control (NAC)
The residential network utilizes the ForeScout network access control (NAC) system to maintain a safe and robust network environment for res...Falsehelpdesk2014-03-05T17:06:39+00:00hot/groups/resnetnewsinfo/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/resnetnewsinfo/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/resnetnewsinfo/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5search
ResNet Acceptable Use Policy
(Approved: May 1, 2001)
The Residential Networking (ResNet) program provides computer networking services and resources supporting the missions of the Housing and Residence Life Office and the University. It is the responsibility of every resident student to use these services and resources appropriately and in compliance with all University, local, state and federal laws. By connecting to ResNet, the user agrees to the terms and conditions outlined in this Acceptable Use Policy. Any violation of the policy may result in immediate discontinuation of service.
The residential network is a shared resource. Consequently,
- network uses or applications that use excessive bandwidth or otherwise interfere with the use of the network by others are not permitted.
- users generating excessive levels of network traffic, so as to negatively impact the ability of others to access the network, may have their service discontinued without warning to protect the integrity of the network.
- ResNet administration reserves the right to implement ad hoc traffic shaping policies to ensure an equitable share of network bandwidth for all users.
Privacy, Security and Shared resources:
- Data stored on a computer system or transmitted across the network is the property of the individual who created it, and examination, collection or dissemination of that data without authorization from the owner is in violation of the owner's rights to control his or her own property. However, ResNet administration reserves the right to gain access to a user's data if deemed necessary to maintain the integrity of the network or University systems, or to ensure compliance with other University rules.
- Users are expected to take reasonable precautions to ensure the security of their systems. Individuals may be held responsible for misuse by others that occurs on their systems.
- Users may not provide copyrighted software on a shared drive. Sharing access to copyrighted software or other copyrighted materials (including MP3 files from copyrighted music media, digitized video from copyrighted motion pictures, etc.), unless authorized by the copyright holder, violates the rights of the copyright holder.
- ResNet administration neither sanctions nor censors individual expressions of opinion on its systems. However, users choosing to share network drives or other resources should be advised that assigning lewd or indecent names to these resources may be in violation of the University’s sexual harassment policy (Kutztown University Policy 1991-304).
- Providing network services including, but not limited to, DHCP, DNS, IRC, NNTP, POP, SMTP and WINS, from user computers is prohibited.
- Commercial or for-profit use of ResNet is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, running a web server and accepting advertising.
- All IP addresses must be assigned by the ResNet DHCP server. Requests for static IP addresses will be evaluated by ResNet administration on a case-by-case basis.
- Network wiring, including data jacks, may not be modified or extended by users for any purpose.
- ResNet may not be used to provide Internet or network access to anyone outside of the resident community.
- Use of connected networks, including SSHEnet and the Internet, must be consistent with the rules and policies established for those networks by their providers.
- ResNet administration reserves the right to refuse service to any student who does not have a valid software license.
- Users seeking computer and/or network assistance from ResNet staff understand that such assistance is provided in good faith, and although ResNet staff will attempt to resolve any subsequent problems which may arise, neither Kutztown University nor ResNet staff can ultimately be held responsible for any hardware damage or loss of data.
- Users understand that all network activity is automatically logged on a continuous basis, and although these logs do not include personal information, they do include a record of user processes and may be examined by authorized system administrators.
The purpose of this policy is to protect the quality of the network. In some cases, minor infractions to the policy can be resolved informally by ResNet administration, usually through in-person discussion and education with the offending user.