/groups/resnetnewsinfo/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/resnetnewsinfo/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot9/groups/resnetnewsinfo/sidebar/HotListhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-03-24 12:44:55+00:002015-03-24 12:44:55updated4Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-03-24 12:43:26+00:002015-03-24 12:43:26addTag3helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-03-24 12:43:17+00:002015-03-24 12:43:17updated2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-03-24 12:42:45+00:002015-03-24 12:42:45created1wiki2015-03-24T12:44:55+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/c4edaFalseLatest phishing scam/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/c4eda/Latest_phishing_scam.htmlResNet Help Desk4 updatesLatest phishing scam
From the IT Help Center:
To the University community:
Please be cautious and alert about Spam/Phishing-type emails. Please do not click an...Falsehelpdesk2015-03-24T12:44:55+00:00helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-03-03 16:59:06+00:002015-03-03 16:59:06updated16helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-03-03 16:26:43+00:002015-03-03 16:26:43updated15helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-14 15:37:21+00:002014-10-14 15:37:21updated14Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:21:11+00:002014-10-02 14:21:11addTag13helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:20:25+00:002014-10-02 14:20:25updated12helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:19:47+00:002014-10-02 14:19:47updated11helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:19:30+00:002014-10-02 14:19:30updated10helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:18:16+00:002014-10-02 14:18:16updated9helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:17:49+00:002014-10-02 14:17:49updated8helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:17:29+00:002014-10-02 14:17:29updated7Added tag - cloudhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:15:05+00:002014-10-02 14:15:05addTag6helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:14:55+00:002014-10-02 14:14:55updated5Added tag - onedrivehelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:14:39+00:002014-10-02 14:14:39addTag4Added tag - outlookhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:14:33+00:002014-10-02 14:14:33addTag3Added tag - office 365helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 14:14:27+00:002014-10-02 14:14:27addTag2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 13:50:06+00:002014-10-02 13:50:06created1wiki2015-03-03T16:59:06+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/b4184FalseStoring your files on the OneDrive cloud/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/b4184/Storing_your_files_on_the_OneDrive_cloud.htmlResNet Help Desk16 updatesStoring your files on the OneDrive cloud
If you're looking for an alternative to carrying around a thumb drive that contains all of your important files, you may be interested in knowing...Falsehelpdesk2015-03-03T16:59:06+00:00helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-03-03 16:54:19+00:002015-03-03 16:54:19updated12Added tag - outlookhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 13:29:02+00:002014-10-02 13:29:02addTag11Added tag - emailhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 13:29:00+00:002014-10-02 13:29:00addTag10Added tag - office 365helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 13:28:42+00:002014-10-02 13:28:42addTag9helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 13:27:41+00:002014-10-02 13:27:41updated8helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-02 13:25:25+00:002014-10-02 13:25:25updated7Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-01 20:53:30+00:002014-10-01 20:53:30addTag6helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-01 20:52:58+00:002014-10-01 20:52:58updated5helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-01 20:52:18+00:002014-10-01 20:52:18updated4helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-01 20:51:39+00:002014-10-01 20:51:39updated3helpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-01 20:51:25+00:002014-10-01 20:51:25updated2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2014-10-01 20:26:03+00:002014-10-01 20:26:03created1wiki2015-03-03T16:54:19+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/2960dFalseCreating/saving documents in Office 365/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/2960d/Creatingsaving_documents_in_Office_365.htmlResNet Help Desk12 updatesCreating/saving documents in Office 365
Although many students aren't aware, Office 365 provides KU students with a free, web-based version of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneN...Falsehelpdesk2015-03-03T16:54:19+00:00Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-26 17:11:25+00:002015-02-26 17:11:25addTag5helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-26 17:09:57+00:002015-02-26 17:09:57updated4helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-26 17:08:43+00:002015-02-26 17:08:43updated3helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-26 17:08:23+00:002015-02-26 17:08:23updated2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-26 16:52:01+00:002015-02-26 16:52:01created1wiki2015-02-26T17:09:57+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/5d3f3FalseDixon Hall Wi-Fi redesign complete/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/5d3f3/Dixon_Hall_WiFi_redesign_complete.htmlResNet Help Desk5 updatesDixon Hall Wi-Fi redesign complete
Network Services has completed a Wi-Fi network redesign in Dixon Hall that should resolve connectivity issues that some students experienced thro...Falsehelpdesk2015-02-26T17:09:57+00:00helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-26 16:39:00+00:002015-02-26 16:39:00updated10helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 21:05:31+00:002015-02-24 21:05:31updated9Added tag - hothelpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 21:03:12+00:002015-02-24 21:03:12addTag8helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 21:02:35+00:002015-02-24 21:02:35updated7helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 21:00:49+00:002015-02-24 21:00:49updated6helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 21:00:04+00:002015-02-24 21:00:04updated5helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 20:58:47+00:002015-02-24 20:58:47updated4helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 20:58:07+00:002015-02-24 20:58:07updated3helpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 20:56:50+00:002015-02-24 20:56:50updated2First createdhelpdeskResNet Help Desk2015-02-24 20:53:54+00:002015-02-24 20:53:54created1wiki2015-02-26T16:39:00+00:00groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/95b86FalseUnderstanding Campus Wi-Fi/groups/resnetnewsinfo/wiki/95b86/Understanding_Campus_WiFi.htmlResNet Help Desk10 updatesUnderstanding Campus Wi-Fi
Large public Wi-Fi networks like we have on campus operate differently than a simple, private network like you probably have set up in your home....Falsehelpdesk2015-02-26T16:39:00+00:00hot/groups/resnetnewsinfo/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/resnetnewsinfo/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/resnetnewsinfo/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5search
ResNet Acceptable Use Policy
The Residential Networking (ResNet) program provides computer networking services and resources supporting the missions of the Housing and Residence Life Office and the University. It is the responsibility of every resident student to use these services and resources appropriately and in compliance with all University, local, state and federal laws. By connecting to ResNet, the user agrees to the terms and conditions outlined in this Acceptable Use Policy. Any violation of the policy may result in immediate discontinuation of service.
The residential network is a shared resource. Consequently,
- network uses or applications that use excessive bandwidth or otherwise interfere with the use of the network by others are not permitted.
- users generating excessive levels of network traffic, so as to negatively impact the ability of others to access the network, may have their service discontinued without warning to protect the integrity of the network.
- ResNet administration reserves the right to implement ad hoc traffic shaping policies to ensure an equitable share of network bandwidth for all users.
Privacy, Security and Shared resources:
- Data stored on a computer system or transmitted across the network is the property of the individual who created it, and examination, collection or dissemination of that data without authorization from the owner is in violation of the owner's rights to control his or her own property. However, ResNet administration reserves the right to gain access to a user's data if deemed necessary to maintain the integrity of the network or University systems, or to ensure compliance with other University rules.
- Users are expected to take reasonable precautions to ensure the security of their systems. Individuals may be held responsible for misuse by others that occurs on their systems.
- Users may not provide copyrighted software on a shared drive. Sharing access to copyrighted software or other copyrighted materials (including MP3 files from copyrighted music media, digitized video from copyrighted motion pictures, etc.), unless authorized by the copyright holder, violates the rights of the copyright holder.
- ResNet administration neither sanctions nor censors individual expressions of opinion on its systems. However, users choosing to share network drives or other resources should be advised that assigning lewd or indecent names to these resources may be in violation of the University’s sexual harassment policy (Kutztown University Policy 1991-304).
- Providing network services including, but not limited to, DHCP, DNS, IRC, NNTP, POP, SMTP and WINS, from user computers is prohibited.
- Commercial or for-profit use of ResNet is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, running a web server and accepting advertising.
- All IP addresses must be assigned by the ResNet DHCP server. Requests for static IP addresses will be evaluated by ResNet administration on a case-by-case basis.
- Network wiring, including data jacks, may not be modified or extended by users for any purpose.
- ResNet may not be used to provide Internet or network access to anyone outside of the resident community.
- Use of connected networks, including SSHEnet and the Internet, must be consistent with the rules and policies established for those networks by their providers.
- ResNet administration reserves the right to refuse service to any student who does not have a valid software license.
- Users seeking computer and/or network assistance from ResNet staff understand that such assistance is provided in good faith, and although ResNet staff will attempt to resolve any subsequent problems which may arise, neither Kutztown University nor ResNet staff can ultimately be held responsible for any hardware damage or loss of data.
- Users understand that all network activity is automatically logged on a continuous basis, and although these logs do not include personal information, they do include a record of user processes and may be examined by authorized system administrators.
The purpose of this policy is to protect the quality of the network. In some cases, minor infractions to the policy can be resolved informally by ResNet administration, usually through in-person discussion and education with the offending user.